-
December 23rd, 2004, 11:51 PM
#1
Inactive Member
When I put the nose pulley on and tighten it down, it rubs against the front of the charger. Is there a spacer that should go on the nose bolt between the pulley and charger?
-
December 24th, 2004, 09:28 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Neither pulley fits without some sort of spacer. They both will rub. A camera cannot be used to show the problem, so here is a cheesy jpeg. Look at the red hi-lights - that is what rubs.
-
December 24th, 2004, 09:36 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Dammit, pic doesn't show. Well, you might be able to see it here:
web page
Anyway, the pic doesn't matter. Just picture this: The nose of the charger is just a big flat 4" circular surface. The only thing that sticks out is the bolt. Now the pulley is also just a big flat circular surface. So when you slide the pulley over the bolt, it just slides down the bolt into the front of the charger. Obviously you can't tighten the nut because it will push the pulley into the charger.
If I'm explaining this poorly, maybe this will help: hold a bolt in your hand and slide a washer down it. The washer will stop when it hits the head of the bolt. Now put a nut on and tighten it over the washer. The pressure between the head of the bolt and the nut will hold the washer from freely spinning. That is my dilemma.
I can't take a pic because it will look like nothing. It will look just like a working setup.
-
December 24th, 2004, 04:24 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
How about posting a pic of the pulley so that we can see it... and it wouldn't hurt to place the original pulley you had installed on the blower next to the new one for comparison.
-
December 24th, 2004, 07:40 PM
#5
Inactive Member
hmm,
yeah I see what you are saying,
but I dont think I could help you any without
actually removing MY sc pulley and seeing how it contacts.
but let me ask you this,
are you sure it's rubbing/getting stuck?
does it not turn at all, or are you worried because it doesnt spin freely?
My JRSC does not spin anywhere near as free as say, the blades on a turbo..
If you grab the jrsc pulley(while installed) and spin it by hand, it will stop spinning the moment you let go(might spin for a second if you twist it real hard), and it does take a little bit of force to turn it.
I think this is normal, as mine boosts just fine.
I even have my belt tension fairly loose.
-
December 25th, 2004, 09:18 AM
#6
Inactive Member
It's definitely rubbing. If I tighten the nut without a spacer, the pulley doesn't move at all. When I slide a rubber o-ring over the bolt to act as a spacer, the pulley still rubs, but not as much. But I can still feel the extra resistance when I spin the blades. Plus, the pulley has gouges in the metal where it rubs.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks